mod_jserv is not recommended any longer.

mod_jk is currently the best documented connector for TC 4.0
  http://jakarta.apache.org/~hgomez/ajp13-tc4.0/

mod_webapp is the connector for the future, but misses some
documentation and as the volume of traffic it caused in this
list indicates, people have more troubles configuring it and
getting it to run.
  http://www.galatea.com/flashguides/apache-tomcat-4-win32.xml