Hello all,

    I have installed Tomcat 4.0.1 onto a Linux box.  I am having trouble
getting it started.  When i type tomcat4 start, I get the following
response.

Using CLASSPATH:        /var/tomcat4/bin/.bootstrap.jar
Using CATALINA_BASE:    /var/tomcat4
Using CATALINA_HOME:    /var/tomcat4
Using JAVA_HOME:                /usr/jdk1.1.8/

then when i  look at the catalina.log file i see the following entry
Unable to initilize threads: cannot find class java/lang/Thread

For some reason it is failing.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me
know.  Thanx

Emil Diego
[EMAIL PROTECTED]