At 02:05 PM 12/11/01 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello everyone.
>
>I've run into a big problem with memory usage in servlets, and I want to
>get some opinnions on this.
>Here is the scenerio:

>Has anyone run
>into a similar issue like this?  Is there a way to schedule servlet
>memory to be garbage collected sooner?
>
>Hope this isn't too silly a question.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>-Scott

Sounds as if you think that Java cleans up all garbage.  It does not.  You
have to take care of cleaning up resources that the garbage collector could
care less about.  There are many ways to do this, and they are covered in
any good book on Java.  Try, for example, Thinking in Java, which covers
that fairly well.

-- micael