I had no problem building mod_webapp for apache on Solaris 2.6 - it did take
about two days (16 hours) to download and configure the utilities and libraries,
and several false starts before I got it right.  Apache, tomcat and mod_webapp
were all built from source on our systems - we did not use downloaded binaries.

I'm having some problems with tomcat 4.0.1 Manager, but overall the installation
is running well.

What has been your difficulty with building mod_webapp?

- rob macfarlane
  Information Systems & Services
  Berkeley National Laboratory