Louie,

Use mod_jk !
mod_jk is a replacement to the elderly mod_jserv. It is a completely new
Tomcat-Apache plug-in that handles the communication between Tomcat and
Apache.

mod_jk can be obtained in two formats - binary and source.  Depending on the
platform you are running your web server on, a binary version of mod_jk may
be available.  It is recommended to use the binary version if one is
available.  If the binary is not available, follow the instructions for
building mod_jk from source.

Building mod_jk:

mod_jk is available in source distribution for all Windows and most Unix
platforms.  The source for mod_jk is included in the Binary Distribution of
Tomcat in the TOMCAT_HOME/native/mod_jk/ directory.  This directory is
organized by Web Server name and version.  Each directory contains the
source as well as the appropriate build scripts, make files, or project
files.

Building mod_jk for NT:

The redirector was developed using Visual C++ version 6.0, so having this
environment is a prerequisite if you want to perform a custom build.

The steps that you need to take are:

Change directory to the apache1.3 or apache2.0 source directory depending on
your version of Apache.
Set an APACHE1_HOME environment variable which points to where your Apache
is installed.
Execute the following command:

MSDEV mod_jk.dsp /MAKE ALL

If msdev is not in your path, enter the full path to msdev.exe. Also,
ApacheCore.lib is expected to exist in the APACHE1_HOME\src\CoreD and
APACHE1_HOME\src\CoreR directories before linking will succeed. You will
need to build enough of the Apache source to create these libraries.
Copy mod_jk.dll to Apache's modules directory.
This will build both release and debug versions of the redirector plug-in
(mod_jk).

An alternative will be to open mod_jk.dsp in msdev and build it using the
build menu.

Cheers!

vj

P.S. i still haven't received any suggestion for my original question !