From: seant
Sent: Fri 14/12/2001 3:14 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Problum with ISAPI settings in IIS

I am new to Tomcat, I need your help.
I am facing some problem with ISAPI dll file ....Without this my
jsp files are working fine, when I install ISAPI tomcat is not
working....

I am working under win 2K. Tomcat alone is working fine and all
jsp files are working fine with" http://localhost:8080";.
But ISAPI is not redirecting and Jakarta Virtual directory is
not working.
Will you please guide me in this.

This is what I am following to install ISAPI filter in IIS
1) Downloaded the isapi_redirect.dll and copy to C:tomcat\bin.
2) Downloaded the isapi_redirect_2000.reg and run this program
to make registry entries.
3) Restart the System.
4) On IIS management Console create new Virtual directory under
"default web site" called "Jakarta" and  the physical path to
"C:\tomcat\bin" and has"Execute" permissions.
5)And then in IIS Management console right click on machine name
and select properties. Click the "Edit" button next to "Master
Properties" for "WWW services". Select the "ISAPI filters" tab and click
"Add" then Name of the
filter "Jakarta" and for the executable, browse to
c:\Tomcat\bin\isapi_redirect.dll" file.
6) Now restarted the IIS Admin Services ( in this its restarting
the following services
    a) WWW publishing services
    b) SMTP
    c) NNTP
    d) FTP publishing Services
7) And finally after going back to ISAPI filter Screen  the
Status of Jakarta is showing "Not Loaded" with "Red Color Arrow" which
indicates some thing wrong in the way I did.

So Please guide me in this regard.

Following are the registry settings.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Apache Web
Server\1.3.14
Name                   Type                              Data
(Default)              REG_SZ                          (Value
not set)

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apache Software Foundation\Jakarta Isapi
Redirector\1.0
Name                      Type                            Data
(Default)                  REG_SZ                      (Value
not set)
extension_uri           REG_SZ
/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll
log_file                    REG_SZ
c:\tomcat\logs\isapi.log
log_level                  REG_SZ                      Error
Worker_file              REG_SZ
C:\Tomcat\conf\workers.proerties
worker_mount_file    REG_SZ
C:\Tomcat\conf\uriworkermap.pr-operties