check out kgbinternet.com.  Servlet support, mysql, very low rates made even
lower by being in Canadian $.  I've been using it for several months with no
complaints.

-----Original Message-----
From: yilmaz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 5:33 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Any one knows a good Web hosting service?

Hi all,
The subject may sound a trivial subject for you, please be patient with me.
if you are providing this kind of service or would like to suggest me a good
JSP ISP please do continue reading:
You can reply to my private email address :
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Our company is located in taipei/taiwan
We have already finished an application program written in JSP 1.2 using
tomcat 4 and Mysql 3.23 on win 2000.
for a week i have been looking for  a reasonable web hosting service on the
internet but all my efforts are in vain.
i have searched the archives , the list of the JSP ISPs in servlets.com and
adrenalin.com, i found a few
reasonable and suitable companies.However, i wrote to those adresses four
times but couldn't get any reply,
it seems that they already have enough customers, and don't need (want ?)
new  ones.
 As a result i decided to bring the issue up here, hoping that one of yours'
companies wants to offer an inexpensive  web hosting for us.
Our requirements :
0) Inexpensive (around 10 to 20 USD /month including all the features below)
1) Isp should be supporting at least JSP 1.1 (JSP 1.2 is preferable)
2) Any servlet engine compatible with tomcat 4 (tomcat 4 is preferable)
our application is bundled as a war file, the ISP servlet engine should be
able to
automatically open and deploy this war file at their sites
3) Any OS, but windows is preferable.
4) a suitable administration interface through web (e.g a control panel) for
both Jsp files and the database.
5) 50 M space for java server , 50 M for the web server
We need to put media files (mp3 or mpg) on the web server (either apache or
IIS)
6) we already have two registered domain names, we need hosting for both in
a single space.
7) ISP should be supporting MySQL database version 3.23 or higher.
8) We need a trial period, at least one day. First we want to upload and
install our
program and database on the server, try and test everything. If everything
works well
we will purchase one year service.
9) one month money back guarantee.
10) at least two ftp accounts , if on unix a telnet account.

thank you very much for bearing me.
best regards  :)
yilmaz