The increase in memory probably didn't affect the buffer
size.  For JSP, the JspWriter's buffer may be increased
with:

    <%@ page buffer="size" %>

where the "size" is a value in kbytes, i.e. "32" or "32kb".
The default is "8kb".

For servlets, you can use:

    ServletResponse.setBufferSize(size);

where size is in bytes.  The default is also 8k.  Be sure
to call setBufferSize() before writting any content or you
will get another form of IllegalStateException.

Cheers,
Larry