On Mon, 24 Dec 2001 14:41:20 +0100
"Wouter Boers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That is not true. Then you have to pass the session cookie as a
> parameter through URL rewriting. You see that quite often. But then
> again, who does not accept cookies nowadays?

Many people, including myself.
The point is; you can never rely on cookies since it is an
optional feature that can be enabled/disabled at will, even in the
middle of a session.  So anything you do w/ cookies should
transparently fallback to URL-Rewriting whenever necessary.

The 2nd point is; you don't _need_ cookies for anything except
anonymous session tracking.  Let's leave that to Doubleclick & Co
and our own Cookie Settings on "Reject all".

regards
--
,moe