Hello,
I'm using JDBC realms with Tomcat4.0 with a HTML form. My question is, does
the password get sent over the internet in plain text format or is it
hashed/encrypted/digested in some way?

A good idea would be to digest it together with a random variable and the
session Id using Md5 for example. Otherwise the password will be sent over
the internet in plain text format for any hacker to grab it...

Thanks for any help