From: Johan Ekenberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2002 4:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Please: Tomcat 4.0.1 webhosting setup

Sorry for resending this so soon. I'm under high pressure to resolve this,
so if anyone knows something about it, PLEASE help me out!

--

I'm looking for guidelines how to integrate Tomcat 4.0.1 into an existing
Apache/PHP setup on a webhosting server. Is it at all possible to run Apache

Basically what I'd like to do is:
   - Every user has a subdirectory (e.g ~/public_html/servlets)
     where they put their servlets.
   - Apache handles all requests.
   - When a request comes for a *.jsp file or a servlet,
     the request is dispatched to TC.

The docs for TC4 all seem to assume that I want to run a standalone Tomcat
to handle all http requests. I can't find any info on integrating it with
Apache.

All help appreciated!

Best regards,
/Johan Ekenberg