Yes you could also use TOMCAT as web server but in terms of serving static
(html) pages, they say it's not as fast as Apache. It is advisable to use
Tomcat for serving the servlet and jsp files only. I don't know if this has
changed with Tomcat 4.

You can integrate TOMCAT with IIS or Apache so that IIS or Apache will serve
the static pages while servlets and jsp files are served by TOMCAT. This
way, you get the best of both with Tomcat serving jsp and servlets while
Apache or IIS serving html/static pages.

TOMCAT can't interpret ASP. Only IIS.

HTH.

:~)
Ricky Y. Artigas