Hello Frank, hello list,

> I believe the syntax is a bit different for web apps
> as indicated by the example in the file.  Here is
> my spec for AllPermission for myApp.  You should be able
> to modify it for your purposes:
>
> grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/myApp/-" {
>                         permission java.security.AllPermission;
> };

thank you very much for the code!

When I modify my catalina.policy to:

<---snip--->
grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/jspMyAdmin/-" {
 permission java.security.AllPermission;
};
</---snip--->

...the application works. But giving "AllPermission" certainly isn't what
I want. So I tried this:

<---snip--->
grant codeBase "file:${catalina.home}/webapps/jspMyAdmin/-" {
 permission java.io.FilePermission
"file:${catalina.home}/webapps/jspMyAdmin/-", "read, write, delete";
};
</---snip--->

Here I get the error again:

<---snip--->
(java.io.FilePermission
C:\Programme\ApacheGroup\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\webapps\jspMyAdmin\logs\parse_time_log
write)

Is there any other Permission I have to set to make my applications make
writing files?

Besides with this approach I have to make an entry for every application.
Isn't there a way to say:
"Give any webapp the FilePermissions read, write und delete for the files
in the specific doc-root."?

Thanx again
Laura