From: Mario Felarca [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 1:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Odd Apache+Tomcat errors

Hello,

I have a problem and I was wondering if anyone could give me some ideas or
information about a possible solution.

I am running Apache 1.3.20, Tomcat 3.2.3 and using mod_jk on Win2k.

We are accessing our servlets through https, and every once in a while
(i.e. not all the time, but often enough to be annoying) a click on a link
that goes to the servlets will result in a page not found or a blank page.

In looking at the logs, it appears as if the request doesn't even hit
Tomcat. If I click on the same link immediately afterwards, it works fine.

Also, every once in a while, when I get a blank page or page not found, I
will also get a Windows dialog for an Apache.exe error saying it has
crashed. However, watching the processes, the webserver itself does not go
down. In fact, immediately afterwards, I can click on the link again and it
works.

Is this mod_jk crashing? Has anyone experienced this? Any information or
pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Mario-