Hi,

I have tomcat 4.0.1 running on a Redhat 7.1 system.  I can get the examples
servlets working, the ones that come with tomcat.

I installed some simple servlets in webapps/ROOT and they work.  I put one
in
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/hello/HelloServlet2.class
 and invoked it with
http://localhost:8080/servlet/hello.HelloServlet2

and it worked fine.

I then installed a servlet in
$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/hello/WEB-INF/classes/hello/HelloWorld2.class

I put the following web.xml file in WEB-INF/web.xml
<!DOCTYPE....>
<web-app>
  <servlet>
    <servlet-name>HelloWorld2</servlet-name>
    <servlet-class>HelloWorld2</servlet-class>
  </servlet>

  <servlet-mapping>
    <servlet-name>HelloWorld2</servlet-name>
    <url-pattern>/HelloWorld2</url-pattern>
  </servlet-mapping>
<web-app>

and I tried to invoke this servlet with
http://localhost:8080/hello/servlet/hello.HelloWorld2

but it didn't work.  I get 404 file not found or whatever.

How do I access this servlet?  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help

Dave

--------
David Bazell