Michael:

I've been focusing on finding paid work, however, the Tomcat side
of things is pretty much done. What remains is:

- Completion of Valve (that notifies session manager when a request
  is complete). Craig tells me the code for this needs a little work, and
  I'm waiting for him to provide some more details about this.
- Session ID mangling.
- Apache Connector changes - No action has occurred on this,
  I'm dependant on someone else making these changes. I'm hoping
  that Costin will do this when he's done with the 4.02 release work
- Final integration and testing

Note. The 'session' locking feature that I added is probably not necessary
as long as server / session affinity is in place. This should either be
disabled
or made 'optional'.

Lastly, I got to thinking that it should be possible to have a Tomcat only
load balancing / fail-over solution. What's needed is a Tomcat front-end
on which is deployed a new servlet that would do a simple round-robin
load-balancing, but when jsessionid's are present, route them to the
session host only, unless the session host doesn't respond, in which case
it should be re-routed to another available instance.

So, I started writing some code to do this, and then got side-tracked
looking
for work again. Nasty things, bills.

I'm still plugging away, however,

Tom