>               I am trying to run a stand alone class using the "java +
> classname.class" command and I got the NoClassDefFoundError exception.
> Could someone tell me what I should do?  Thanks very much.

don't include .class.  For example if my class file is MyClass.class

java MyClass

Also, btw, make sure your class is in the classpath.
This is really not a Tomcat specific question.  There are plenty of
general java forums out there(http://www.javaranch.com for example).
Please use these venues for these types of questions.  I would also
suggest picking up a good java book and taking the time to work through
it.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer