This seems to be breaking the jsp specification.  Will this really work, and
will it bring headaches in the future if I switch to a different servlet
container?

-----Original Message-----
From: Mario Felarca [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2002 5:49 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Sessions across contexts, is it possible?

At 04:21 PM 01/11/2002 -0600, you wrote:

If you have your context's set to crossContext="true", you can receive the
request in one context, set a request attribute with the value
(setAttribute("otherContextPath", getServletContext().getRealPath("")), and
then forward the request to the other context.

In the other context, you just pull the data out of the request attribute
with that key.

I don't know if you were looking for something simpler than that, but if
you are just trying to pass data around, that should work.

M-