I just wanted to clarify my understanding with the list.

Say I have Tomcat 3.2.4 running as a service, and on its classpath, there
is a jar called test.jar. My understanding is that if a webapp has its own
version of test.jar in its web-inf/lib directory, that will NOT take
priority over the one sitting on Tomcat's classpath, right?

In order to actually override the classes, the jar would have to be
extracted into the web-inf/classes directory of the webapp.

Is my current view of this correct? Is there a way to make the webapp's jar
have precedence?

Thanks in advance,

Mario-