I have written an application that requires some data structures to be
initialized before the first request comes in to my application via the web.
The way I have it set up now is so that the initialization takes place when
the first request comes in.

I would like to be able to start up my application (i.e. do the
initialization process) at the same time as Tomcat starts up. How do I do
this?

I am using Tomcat 3.2.3, and I compile my classes using JDK1.2.
JAVA_HOME is JDK1.4

Thanks,

Egil Rian