From: Gerry Duhig [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2002 1:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Tomcat Users List
Subject: Database connection Pooling and other questions

Hi!

We currently have a couple of sites running JBoss-Tomcat. A third
application that used the JBoss part of this setup has been canned leaving
us with two non-EJB applications.

As far as I can determine the only benefits we currently get from JBoss are
the security system and connection pooling on our database connections.

Security I could do within Tomcat - what about connection pooling? IS there
anythung available within or as a simple add-on to tomcat that can supply
connection pooling. If there is we may drop JBoss as the latest
Jboss2.4/Tomcat4.0.1 package seems to have a few problems - no way to read
server.xml etc.

Anyone any comments?

Gerry