Hi Peter,

Have you tried building mod_webapp from source?

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.1 + Apache 1.3.22 + Cocoon 2.0 final.

I downloaded "webapp-module-1.0.1-tc401-src.tar.gz" from the jakarta site and
built from source then copied mod_webapp.so into my apache/libexec directory
and added *only* the following line to the bottom of my httpd.conf:
--------------------------
Include conf/warp.conf
--------------------------

I also copied the updated warp.jar (built from the java source in
webapp-module-1.0.1-tc401-src.tar.gz) into my
tomcat/server/lib directory (you need to make sure that your warp.jar matches
your mod_webapp.so version)

my warp.conf file (in my apache/conf dir) contains:

LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
AddModule mod_webapp.c

ServerName 127.0.0.1
Port 80

WebAppConnection warpConnection warp 127.0.0.1:8008
WebAppDeploy cocoon warpConnection /cocoon

AddHandler default-handler .gif .jpeg

I did not have to change my tomcat/conf/server.xml file at all to enable
mod_webapp.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,

Chris Newland