Usually frames are involved when something like this happens.
My involvement with Tomcat is through an IDE I work on, so
I haven't done a lot of real world webapp development.  Thus,
I don't know why the frames get different sessions.  I would
expect them to get the same session as the main page.  When
I get a chance, I'll try to do some experimentation and see
if there is something that can be done.

Cheers,
Larry