From: Justin Rowles [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 9:32 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: JSP Won't Compile Under Tomcat 4

> I'm not importing it because I am not using directly.  Tomcat
> is throwing the error when it is invoking its internal JSP compiler.

Hmm... interesting.

Yes, Tomcat is throwing the error when it tries to compile the .java file
that it has genereated.

There is, however, a source file called error.jsp from which it has
generated the .java file, and this presumably references PrintWriter without
importing its class from its package.

> To be honest, I don't even know which JAR file the
> org.apache.jsp package is in.

But that was my point - PrintWriter is *not* found in the jsp package, it's
found in the java.io package so if you want to use PrintWriter you must
import java.io.PrintWriter or java.io.*.

Hope that helps,
Justin.
--
You're only jealous cos the little penguins are talking to me.

For more information on Ordnance Survey products and services,
visit our web site at http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk