My bean .class cannot be found by jasper when it compiles the .jsp page; it
gives me the following error: "Undefined variable or class name"
The application is built using ant which compiles the .class file into the
correct build directory and I use ant to deploy the application to
tomcat/webapps. Every thing looks ok; tomcat starts and stops correctly. If
the .jsp does not contain a <jsp:useBean /> reference and the associated
.class id, then everthing works as intended. (The page is displayed)  When
$CATALINA_HOME and  remainder of the class path is used with javap, the .class
file is found. What am I overlooking?
Thanks Tom B