I am not certain if I am understaind you correctly. But you seemed
trying to understand the relationship between J2SE and J2EE.

The J2SE is kinda JDK and the J2EE is a set of extensions for the
server side applications, so called "Enterprise Edition(EE). And the
Servlet and JSP are just part of it. For that the TC is nothing but
the RI of Servlet and JSP.

If this is nto what you looking for, you need to clarfy your question
a bit more.

Pae