Thanks for clarification, Craig
But then again, what if the static content (e.g. some html pages) resides inside
web-app,
is it than considered static?
Will Apache serve it from there directly (I believe not, cause it could be on a
different host)
or will mod_webapp pre-cache it in some place Apache is aware of
or will such content be served by Tomcat? (that is what I think for now)

Anton