Dear all,

I have just read the explanation of Craig R. McClanahan about the way
mod_warp works. (mod_webapp and php)
The following part of the README seems to indicate that the mod_webapp will
change
----
* Currently, mod_webapp forwards *all* requests under the specified
  context path to Tomcat for processing.  When Tomcat 4.0 final is released,
  it will automatically configure itself to serve static resources
  from Apache *unless* the resource is subject to filtering, or subject
  to a security constraint, as defined in web.xml.  No extra configuration
  in httpd.conf will be required.
----

Actually, I run a webapp under tomcat 3.2.3 and mod_jk that I mount as
/feedback.
I also use php pages in the folder /feedback/chat. All is ok with mod_jk

I am now evaluating tomcat4 and mod_webapp. Mod_webapp configuration is
REALLY excellent: I face many problems to run jetspeed with tomcat3, it runs
at the first time on tomcat 4 ! BUT php pages do not run anymore: the
mod_webapp reads the php3 files directly instead of letting mod_php manage
them. This is normal: it is how the "default" servlet works if I well
understand what Craig has said.

I have tried first to change the global web.xml to add the mime type for php
but it was a bad idea. I also test the PHP Servlet SAPI, I still hang on it
but it does not seem to be a good idea for me.

The very best solution, you will tell me is to put the php pages elsewhere.
True but far less "portable" when I have to replace the server or to install
another test server.
Does the  jakarta-connectors's team plan include to correct this kind of
mixt situation in some times or do I have to accept the idea to really
separate PHP and Java ?