From: Rafael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 28 January 2002 14:11
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: INSTALLING TOMCAT - PART II

Okey..

Lets start now the second part of this issue.

I've installed TOMCAT (downloaded from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/nightly/ and I saw on
the documentation that I'm supposed to run the
CATALINA_HOME/bin/./startup.sh

Well I did it.

and look what I got back:

root@omega:~/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/bin# ./startup.sh
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /root/jakarta-tomcat-4.0
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /root/jakarta-tomcat-4.0
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /root/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /etc/jdk1.3.1_02
root@omega:~/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/bin#

Is it running?? How can I know?? grep tomcat doesnt show anything..

I'm still needing help, thank you all for helping me!