I have a simple set up where I am using tomcat 4.0.1 and apache with
mod_webapp.

I have a couple of webapps and I am trying to use the manage web app to
start/stop install/remove them.

Everything works great if I am just using tomcat  (for both http and
servlet/jsp)

When I use mod_webapp (apache & tomcat) I can do everything but install
the webapp.   I can start/stop/remove.  Install looks like it works and
when I list the web apps it is installed. but when I try to access the
webapp I get the following error in my log file:

Thanks,

mark

2002-01-31 18:14:59 WarpEngine[Apache]: Mapping request
2002-01-31 18:14:59 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler]
java.lang.NullPointerException
         at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine.map(WarpEngine.java)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java)
         at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java)
         at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpRequestHandler.handle(WarpRequestHandler.java)
         at
org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(WarpConnection.java)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Host section of my server.xml

       <!-- Define the default virtual host -->
       <Host reloadable="true" name="mark" debug="0"
appBase="webapps-deploy" unpackWARs="true">

                  directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_access_log."
suffix=".txt"
                  pattern="common"/>

         <!-- Tomcat Manager Context -->
         <Context path="/manager" docBase="manager"
          debug="0" privileged="true"/>

         <Context docBase="registration" path="/registration"
reloadable="true" debug="0">

                 directory="logs"  prefix="regstration_log." suffix=".txt"
                 timestamp="true"/>

         </Context>

         <Context docBase="Gallery" path="/Gallery" reloadable="true"
debug="0">

                 directory="logs"  prefix="Gallery_log." suffix=".txt"
                 timestamp="true"/>

         </Context>

       </Host>

httpd.conf webapp secion

<VirtualHost *>
     ServerName mark
     DocumentRoot /home/mcgordon/pws/webroot
     WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:8008
#    WebAppDeploy       struts-example  conn    /struts-example
     WebAppDeploy        Gallery         conn    /Gallery
     WebAppDeploy        registration    conn    /registration
     WebAppDeploy        manager         conn    /manager
</VirtualHost>