Guillermo Payet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 02/01/2002 11:52:11 AM

Please respond to "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:

Subject:  triggering JSP page recompilation

Hi,

I recently installed Tomcat 4.0.1, (We used JServ + GNUJSP before)
and all works well, except for an anoying little problem that I
can't figure out:

When someone modifies a file that's included from a JSP page with:
<%@ include file="somefile"%>, this modification does not trigger
the recompilation of the including file.

If I not mistaken, with <%@ include file=...%>, the file is included during
compilation time. Tomcat will auto-reload the including file only if it has
been changed. I guess you could use jsp:include instead. The JSP engine
will include this file whenever the including jsp is called.

There must be a configuration switch to turn this on.

Any clues?

           --G

Hope this helps.
Thanks.