Hi,

That's because TC 4.0.1 (and 4.0.2b1, but not sure about 4.0.2b2) calls
the hasRole() method (in RealmBase) and that method checks to see if
the principal is an instance of GenericPrincipal.  If not, then access is
denied (which I think is what's happening to you).  You will need to
extend from GenericPrincipal or modify the hasRole() method.  I would
extend GenericPrincipal rather than modify hasRole().

Thanks,
dan
--
Development Team