Hello all,

I've problems in letting log4j automatically find the log4j.properties file.
I put log4j.jar in %CATALINA_HOME%\lib and my log4j.properties file in
%CATALINA_HOME%\classes.
I haven't put a log4j.jar version in my web-app/lib so normally all web
applications should
use the same log4j.
If I understand the class loader inheritance story well, the log4j.Category
class is loaded with the Shared classloader which also has the
%CATALINA_HOME%\classes directory in its classpath.
So why doesn't it find my log4j.properties file ?

Walter