Hello there,

We are encountering problems with Tomcat (versions 3.3
and 4.0.1).

Our application, running on Tomcat on one machine, is
creating directories on a remote file system. Tomcat
is being started with a policy file. The application
is able to pickup the remote file system if Tomcat is
started from the command prompt with the -security
feature.

But if we start it as a NT service and not as a mapped
drive, the mapped remote network drive is not being
picked up. And our application is unable to create
directories.

Our policy file has the following entry for the
drives:

grant codeBase
"file:${catalina.home}/webapps/codwap/-" {
        permission java.security.AllPermission;
        permission java.io.FilePermission "<<ALL FILES>>",
"read, write, delete, execute";
};

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,