So, do you want SSL-only for entire web application?
append something like following to your web.xml

  <security-constraint>

    <web-resource-collection>
      <web-resource-name>Entire application</web-resource-name>
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
      <http-method>GET</http-method>
    </web-resource-collection>

    <user-data-constraint>
      <description>User data constraint description</description>
    </user-data-constraint>

  </security-constraint>

> One point that was made by somebody else what
> about the connection between apache and tomcat?
> Either mod_jk on port 8009 (or 8007) or mod_webapp
> on port 8008. As far as I know those connectors are
> not ssl enabled.

These tasks are for your firewall :)

> Dom

Anton