I have a friend that is hosting a apache/tomcat machine for a couple of
people.

We are running apache and tomcat 4.0.1

Does anyone know a resource for information on how to set this
environment up so that each user can manage his/her webapps within
tomcat.  We cannot restart tomcat (no password) and it is a pain to
email our friend and have him do it all the time.  Plus restarting
tomcat shuts everyone else down :-(

We are using manager but we can't redeploy because of apache as the web
server.  We can't add new web apps for this reason also.

Thanks
Mark