CASE I:

1. I tried working with a RMI tutorial example. I wrote a Server
TransportObject, ServerImpl TransportObjectImpl and a Client named
Transport Client.
2. I made sure to run the rmi registry on a window where class file or
stubs are not available.
3. I am trying to start the Server using the following codebase.

java
Djava.rmi.server.codebase=http://spanthika.certivo.net/examples/servlet/
Djava.security.policy=C:\transport.policy  TransportObjectImpl

from a window where the class files and stubs are available and from a
directory  C:\tomcat4.0\webapps\examples\web-inf\classes\  where all my
classes
reside including Stubs and skeletons

I get the following error.
RemoteException occurred in server thread; nested exception is:
        java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments;
nested exception is:
        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: TransportObjectImpl_Stub
          java.rmi.ServerException: RemoteException occurred in server
thread; nested exception is:
        java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments;
nested exception is:
        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: TransportObjectImpl_Stub
          java.rmi.UnmarshalException: error unmarshalling arguments;
nested exception is:
        java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: TransportObjectImpl_Stub
          java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: TransportObjectImpl_Stub
        at
sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.rebind(Unknown Source)
        at java.rmi.Naming.rebind(Unknown Source)
        at TransportObjectImpl.main(TransportObjectImpl.java:42)

CASEII:
1. same as above
2. same as above
3. I am starting the Server with the file:/C: protocol as follows

java
-Djava.rmi.server.codebase=file:///c:/tomcat4.0/webapps/examples/web-inf
/classes/ -Djava.security.policy=C:\transport.policy
TransportObjectImpl

I am successful in running the server.

4. I run my Client from a window in my System where I made sure that the
classfiles and stubs are not available to it directly. Usign the
following command

java  -Dsun.rmi.loader.logLevel=VERBOSE
-Djava.security.policy=C:\transport.policy -Djava.security.manager
TransportClient

I am successful and I am able to download the stubs to the client.

5.  I tried to run the Client from a different machine in the network
using the above command  where I have the TransportClient.class and
TransportServer.class and transport.policy file.

java  -Dsun.rmi.loader.logLevel=VERBOSE
-Djava.security.policy=C:\testing\transport.policy
-Djava.security.manager TransportClient

I get the following error.

Connection refused to host: 10.100.8.133; nested exception is:
          java.rmi.ConnectException: Connection refused to host:
10.100.8.133; nested exception is:
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIDirectSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
Source)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.proxy.RMIMasterSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPEndpoint.newSocket(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.createConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPChannel.newConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.newCall(Unknown Source)
        at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)
        at TransportClient.main(TransportClient.java:16)

Can anyone have any suggestions for me.  Is the problem is because of my
configuration of Apache and Tomcat and http server not configured
properly or due to RMI code execution.

I am attaching the TransportObject.java TransportObjectImpl.java and
TransportClient.java for reference.