From: "Richard" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2002 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: Can't get IIS and tomcat to work PLEASE HELP !!!

Scott,
    I share your pain, much of my week was spent doing the same thing.. I
have the same environment as you, and discovered that I was "thinking to
much".  I found the following link to be very helpful, follow it word for
word and try not to change too much except for obvious environmental
settings.

http://www.vacodi.com/howto/tomcat/iisnt/index.html

Also on the IIS setup only create a jakarta virtual directory, do not set
the web root or any other virtual directories inside the tomcat directory
structure.  try something like this

c:\tomcat4
c:\jdk1.3.1
c:\webroot (set IIS home here do not worry about setting any other virtual
directories (with the exception of jakarta))
Make sure jakarta virtual directory is set for executables.

use the default uriworkermap properties contained in the link above, no need
to get fancy.  Despite some documentation I read, tomcat will handle the
html files as well as jsp, therefore there is no need to just look for
\examples\*.jsp=ajp13.

I actually gave up, and a friend of mine who was less experienced with IIS
and Win2k, had it setup on WinNT and 2k in less than 3 hours..

You may also want to just start from scratch and wipe out previous registry
entries and installations to make sure everything is clean..

ps.  I believe IIS uses Greenwich mean time for login which is why the
time/date could be kind of strange..

Good luck,
Richard Haag