> How can your tags not know that type they are generating?  I don't
> understand that.

And I would like to understand how they can know which type they are
generating.  Could you possibly show me how to write a very simple tag
which simply prints out the content type of the page it is on?

>From what I can tell, the only way they can know is if I create a
filter which puts a "contenttype" attribute in the request object.
Unless there are other sugestions this is what I'll do.

Thanks!