Hi,

can someone tell me how to alias (in apache) a resource that is going to be
served by Tomcat thru AJP?

Example:
I have the following ugly-looking URL:
http://machine/appcontext/dosomething?with=this&and=this
In the apache httpd.conf I'd like to set up an alias for it say,
"something". Then I'd like to reach the resource under the name "something",
in this way: http://machine/something

Is it (or something similar) possible? I've tried RewriteRule but it
actually works only with the R flag which is a redirection and it's not
okay.

TIA
János

--
Jarecsni, János
MORGAN HILL CONSULTING, Internet Applications Unit