From: Christopher K. St. John [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 11:00 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Loading property files using
ClassLoader.getSystemResource()

Bryan Austad wrote:

> I use a class with static methods to load properties.  getResource() does
> not return a static URL, so I cannot use it within my static method.
> getSystemResource() returns a static URL.

 static URL?

 Do you mean that getSystemResource() is a static method in
ClassLoader? That's true, but you're allowed to call non-static
methods on other objects inside a static method. In fact,
getSystemResource() just gets the system classloader with
getSystemClassLoader() and calls getResource() on it.

 Where are you calling the static methods from? From the init()
of a servlet? If so, you can get the servlet's classloader and
pass it to the static method.

--
Christopher St. John [EMAIL PROTECTED]
DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com