From: Mark Teegarden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2002 11:10 AM
To: <Tomcat Users List
Subject: security-role-ref not working with Tomcat 4.0.1 & .2

I'm trying to use a security-role-ref entry in my web deployment descriptor
of Tomcat 4. Has  this been broken in 4.0.1 and 4.0.2?

Try adding an entry of the following to the end of web.xml in examples
before the </webapp> tag:
   <security-role-ref>
      <role-name>ADMIN</role-name>
      <role-link>Administrator</role-link>
   </security-role-ref>

I get the following from catalina on startup:
Starting service Tomcat-Standalone
Apache Tomcat/4.0.2
PARSE error at line 283 column 11
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app" must
match
"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,filter*,fil
ter-
mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?,mime-mapping*,w
elco
me-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-env-ref*,resource-ref*,security-c
onst
raint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entry*,ejb-ref*,ejb-local-ref*)".
Starting service Tomcat-Apache
Apache Tomcat/4.0.2