Da: Craig R. McClanahan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Inviato: giovedi 14 febbraio 2002 18.24
A: Tomcat Users List; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Oggetto: Re: Another Question About Tomcat Auth

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Renato Romano wrote:

> Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 16:50:52 +0100
> From: Renato Romano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: Tomcat Users List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Another Question About Tomcat Auth
>
> I succeffully defined my own Realm Implementation, but for have it working
> had to put the classes into the $CATALINA_HOME/server/classes dir. Since I
> also use those classes in my webapp, I also had to put them in
> webapps/myapp/WEB-INF/classes !! Of course I tried to put the classes in
the
> common/classes dir, but it doesn't works. Any idea ?
> Thanks again

If you need classes to be visible to *both* Tomcat and your webapp, put
them in $CATALINA_HOME/common/classes (or in JAR files in
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib).  For more information on how class loading
works in Tomcat 4, see the appropriate docs:

  http://localhost:8080/tomcat-docs/class-loader-howto.html

or online at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

> Renato