After having problems with other apps that appeared IP related, I
removed TCP/IP and reinstalled it.  This corrected all the weird
inter-app problems.  I guess my system just blew its stack!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jack Frosch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 7:24 PM
To: Tomcat-User
Subject: Apache 1.3.23 + Tomcat 4.01 + Warp

I'm trying to get Apache 1.3.23 to work with Tomcat 4.01. On my
development machine, I've installed both Tomcat and Apache to test the
configurations.

The installs and initial configurations seemed to go okay at first
because both Tomcat and Apache work well separately. (I did add the
LoadModule directive like: LoadModule webapp_module
modules/mod_webapp.so) However, when I couldn't get a connection to
Tomcat, I noticed Apache logs the following error on startup:

[Fri Feb 01 14:12:36 2002] [error] Connection "warpConnection" cannot
connect [Fri Feb 01 14:12:36 2002] [error] Cannot open connection
"warpConnection"

What causes this connection to fail? Is there a way to test it outside
of Apache to isolate whether it's an issue with my Tomcat or my Apache
configuration?

Thanks.

Jack Frosch

For more info:

The "warpConnection is defined in a Virtual Host which is defined as
follows:

NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1

# www.testdomain1.com is mapped in my HOSTS file to 127.0.0.1; i.e.
localhost <VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>  ServerName www.testdomain1.com
ServerAdmin [EMAIL PROTECTED]  DocumentRoot
"E:/Apache/com/testdomain1/www"  ErrorLog logs/testdomain1.com-error_log
CustomLog logs/testdomain1.com-access_log common

 WebAppConnection warpConnection warp 127.0.0.1:8008  WebAppDeploy
examples warpConnection /examples

 WebAppInfo /webapp-info
</VirtualHost>

My Tomcat server.xml file defines the Apache-Connector service as:
 <!-- Define an Apache-Connector Service -->
 <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
  <Connector
    className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
      enableLookups="true" acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
  <Engine
      className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
      name="www.testdomain1.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps">
      prefix="apache_warp_log." suffix=".txt" timestamp="true"/>
  </Engine>
</Service>