Craig,

Very true - but Manager can still be used to redeploy and stop/start Web
App's. I found it easier to manually install App's than use Manager. Looking
at the larger issues, this thread raises questions about the clarity of
documentation and the ease (or not) of the TomCat-Apache integration process
using any of the various connectors. If you cut out the "integration" and
"documentation" threads there wouldn't be much left on this list other than
"servlet/jsp programming" threads :)
I think the doc's mention that in the "final" release of TomCat, there won't
be any need to modify httpd.conf - I guess this is why?

John