I don't know why Keith, but I have been able to reproduce the same situation
here. It appears you can't have a <jsp:include .. > tag on the first line of
your jsp file without problems in Tomcat 3.3. It works ok in 3.2 on the first
line. Dunno about 4.

-Scott
--
Scott Tatum || [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Applications Developer, Special Projects