Hi,

I found out today that not all jar files in a directory are added to a
classloader by tomcat at startup.  When tomcat bootstrap creates
Classloaders it ignores jar files that contain certain classes.  We are
using Borland Enterprise Server and need to add the Borland jar files to
access their EJB and orb components.

However, putting asrt.jar in /lib is useless because it fails the
validateJarFile() test in ClassLoaderFactory because it contains

  2777 Fri Nov 09 12:14:26 EET 2001 javax/naming/Context.class
   520 Fri Nov 09 12:14:36 EET 2001 javax/sql/DataSource.class

So, if tomcat is ignoring these classes, what are the implications for
adding asrt.jar to the classpath in catalina.bat|sh.  It does not seem
to cause problems (yet) but does tomcat have certain reliance on these
and the other trigger classes?

Rgds
Antony
--