Imagine an online banking system with some thousand clients

I can't believe that you have to import each
client cert into the keystore file.

If you start tomcat with the -Djavax.net.debug=all option
you should be able to verify that tomcat initially sends a list
of trusted CAs taken from the cacert file.
This file should contain one CA (or more) that signed
a client certificat signing request (or groups of them).

But Anton Brazhnyk's suggestion could be an alternative way.
If anybody succeeded in establishing the ssl client cert handhake
after importing client certs into the keystore file only,
please let us know.

Gruß,
Wolfgang

Anton Brazhnyk wrote