From: Sriram Narayanan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 26 February 2002 15:23
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: can't add a new context...

2/26/02 8:00:23 PM, "Eduardo Godoy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Hi,
>    Iīm using tomcat 4.0.2 and I want to add a new context, without a war
file ... so I used
>http://localhost:8090/manager/install?path=/ucrm&war=file:/D:\\Unveil\\web\
\ and tomcat return
>OK - Installed application at context path /ucrm but ... If I reboot the
server ... I lost the context ...
>(I donīt have this problem with others context, where I use a war file to
deploy)
>Any Idea?

That's because this context has been added after Tomcat has been started.
The information about this newly added Context is not stored anywhere.

If you wish to do this, then include a section in
%CATALINA_BASE%/conf/server.xml

It could be something like the following:

<Context path="/ucm" docBase="d:/Unveil/web" debug="0"/>

Place it below the line that reads:
<Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>

>Eduardo.

Sriram