2/27/02 11:03:19 PM, Ken Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>What resources would you recommend for a web and coding savvy
>user to get up to speed on using and configuring Tomcat. I'm
>strong in HTML and JSP coding, but weak in Unix. Using Mac OS X.

1. Read the documentation. There's really a whole lot of information given.
Start off with the the download page, where there's information on what to use to
extract the contents of the archives.

2. Next, get the Servlet API and the JSP API specs from Sun's site.

3. Download the sources, and check out the developer documentation there.

>I do try to use the supplied Tomcat docs, but they seem to me a
>bit more reference-like (which is great and useful, just not
>quite enough for this untrainable monkey).

The documentation currently contains information on configuring Tomcat for JNDI,
Database connection pools,

>Also, why no FAQ for this list? The short time I've been here
>I've seen many of the same types of questions come up.

4. Search the archives first. You're right, most of the questions have indeed been
answered first.